Scroll Top
455-6021 Yonge street, North York, Ontario, M2M 3W2
+1 (437) 882-8187

Federal Skilled Trades

If you currently work in a skilled trade and meet certain minimum requirements, you may be eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Trades class.

Minimum Requirements

The Minimum Requirements for this visa class currently include:

  • A minimum score in approved language tests for English or French, based on the classification of the applicant’s job.The test scores are only valid for 2 years from the date of the test. You will not be invited to apply with an expired score.
  • A minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade, within the last 5 years before your application.
  • A valid full-time employment job offer, OR, A certificate of qualification in your skilled trade that has been issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.

What is the necessary Skilled Experience required for the Federal Skilled Trades class?

Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):

  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades.
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades.
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production.
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators.
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

The major NOC groups are subdivided into different occupations, and they are all skill type B.

The work experience only counts after you have qualified to independently practice the occupation you choose.

Additional Points

You may qualify for additional points if you went to school in Canada, or a completed educational credential from a foreign educational body. However, if you have non-Canadian education, you must have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for immigration purposes from a designated organization.

Please contact us  and speak to us about your options! We are here to help and guide you through this process!

…THere are over 60 immigration programs. let us connect you to your best options by letting us know about your situation.
We are available